Apache & PHP Problems

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by purplelizzard, Feb 8, 2007.

1. purplelizzard macrumors newbie

I am working on a PHP site and I wanted to test it locally, to aviod the hassal of uploading it each time I wanted to test it. I went through the steps of editing the httpd.conf file and enabled PHP on apache and everything worked great. Then one day I decided to install PHP 5, I installed it and it worked fine for a while, then apache started to not work, I would get a "Could not connect to the server 'http://localhost/' because there is no server by that name". So I updated Apache to 2.0, that fixed it for a while, but PHP wouldn't work, so I downloaded the PHP 5 update for apache 2, from entropy.ch. It won't install.

Any ideas?

2. angelneo macrumors 68000

3. purplelizzard thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on a ppc mac with OSX 10.4.6, I also installed MySQL and that is when I started having problems. Does anyone know how to uninstall MySQl? It turn out i dont need it.

Thanks

4. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I second the LAMPP thing. It's no hassle at all to set up, and even comes with the (crappy) phpMyAdmin.

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I use MAMP. Drag the app to your Applications folder, open it, and there you go :)

6. purplelizzard thread starter macrumors newbie

I will download MAMP and try that out, thanks for the suggestions.

7. purplelizzard thread starter macrumors newbie

I got MAMP and it fixes everything. Thanks alot for the help.