Aperature or Lightroom?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Subiklim, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Mar 31, 2006
    Manhattan, New York
    I'm currently running a universial version of lightroom on my iMac, and it's quite slow. From what I understand 1.0 of aperature was the same way. Will 1.1 run smoother on my iMac w/ 1.5gb of ram? Or should I wait for lightroom?
  2. Jesus macrumors 6502

I have both Lightroom and Aperture, and I vastly prefer Aperture. I too have an intel 20" iMac, but I have 2 gb of ram, and Aperture 1.1 FLIES on it, It was so easy to copy my iPhoto library onto it. It really is iPhoto on drugs.

I strongly recommend Aperture, but if you are tight for cash, stick with Lightroom Beta.
  3. Peyton macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
    I've used aperture and its a nice app 'cept the UI isn't immediately intuitive and some of the clicking/selecting/editing tricks have a learning curve and vastly annoying at first (example: you want to make a photo book, you click on one thing, it selects the whole page, you click again, it selects something else, click a little more precisely, makes you think you've got it, adjust something, and bang, you've just delete or added a new page/text/box.

can be annoying. I DO like it, it is very helpful, but just at first it can be annoying, I'd say, especially at the new price, and it being a UB, I'd go with it. Just make sure you spend a day learning it before you have a deadline and have to 'speed learn by error' etc. I hope this comes off the right way...

I like aperture,
    it has some bugs
    but worth it.