Aperture 3 books

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hwilensky, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hwilensky macrumors member

Mar 9, 2012
    Hey all -

Happy New Year to everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good book to learn how to properly use Aperture 3. I can watch all the videos on You Tube and learn a lot by browsing this forum. But in the end, I am a book guy, and I like to read about all the in's and out's of this software. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one.

2. MCAsan macrumors 68040

Jul 9, 2012
    Check amazon book dept and read reviews. Likely that is the best way to compare what is available.
  3. Arcsylver macrumors member

Oct 6, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Just picked this one up in kindle format for approx. $25 on amazon. Great book so far and it is a self paced course with downloadable lesson materials as well.

So far it is a very well written step by step how to on learning and using Aperture.
  4. davys macrumors regular

Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah, following on from the above two posts, I can thoroughly recommend this APTS book. Very informative, easy to get into, well written and lots of guided examples. My preferred learning style is to take written notes as I progress then type them up after each lesson, just to reinforce what I learn but you may be more intelligent than me so possibly you wont have to do this. I'm just over half way and has made a big improvement in my understanding of Aperture 3.
  5. Hwilensky thread starter macrumors member

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys. I went with the recommendation above, should be delivered by the Thursday. Thank you so much for the help.