1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Aperture 3 books

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hwilensky, Jan 1, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hey all -

Happy New Year to everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good book to learn how to properly use Aperture 3. I can watch all the videos on You Tube and learn a lot by browsing this forum. But in the end, I am a book guy, and I like to read about all the in's and out's of this software. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one.

Thanks,
    Hwilensky

2. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

Check amazon book dept and read reviews. Likely that is the best way to compare what is available.

3. macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

4. macrumors member

Just picked this one up in kindle format for approx. $25 on amazon. Great book so far and it is a self paced course with downloadable lesson materials as well.

So far it is a very well written step by step how to on learning and using Aperture.

5. macrumors member

Yeah, following on from the above two posts, I can thoroughly recommend this APTS book. Very informative, easy to get into, well written and lots of guided examples. My preferred learning style is to take written notes as I progress then type them up after each lesson, just to reinforce what I learn but you may be more intelligent than me so possibly you wont have to do this. I'm just over half way and has made a big improvement in my understanding of Aperture 3.

6. macrumors member

Thanks for the replies guys. I went with the recommendation above, should be delivered by the Thursday. Thank you so much for the help.

Hwilensky