Aperture and MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sinecurea, Apr 26, 2006.

1. sinecurea macrumors regular

Folks,
    Aperture won't work on my MacBook Pro - it's complaining about the processor not being on the list. Naturally, my processor is faster than the ones it quotes as being sufficient, but for it being Intel. I know 1.1 is out but I want to get this 1.0 working first, as I'm on dialup at home, and don't want the huge download.

Is there an easy hack for this? I know apple won't support it, but I've paid the money...

Cheers,
    S.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you running 10.4.6 yet? According to this, it should just work in terms of being installed. Of course, you'll then have to apply updates. :)

3. LastLine macrumors 65816

Unfortunately no. 1.0 was specifically advertised as NOT working on Intel chips, so yeah you paid the money in the same way as I might pay £30 for an Xbox game and complain it doesn't work on my PS2. The 1.1 is essential unfortunately.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

1.1 is Universal, 1.0 is not. Aperture is too much for Rosetta to cope with so you'll need the 1.1 update to get it to work.

I'm on dial-up too, it basically sucks eh?

Can you get to an internet café? That's how I do my updates if they're more than it's possible to sit and wait for.

You'll need to do a double update, from 1.0 to 1.0.1 to 1.1 I don't know how big the 1.0.1 update is but the 1.1 update is only 35MB - that's not too bad, 2 hours tops. Mind you, you'll need 10.4.6 first and that's a big one.

5. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I feel for you. I waited 2 years to get broadband after I started wanting it because stupid Telecom didn't want to get off there buts and extend any lines.

Now I have it (At 3.5MBPS, but a 10GB cap..), and I'm pretty happy. I dont know how I ever managed on dial up after having this.