APERTURE CRASHES.. and crashes and crashes.........

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by tooshaggy, Nov 11, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

tooshaggy

OMG.
    I hate Aperture. There appears to be NO way to get at your photos without opening aperture, and if Aperture will not start--becomes unresponsive and crashes-- there is no way to get your photos?????? OR IS THERE?
    Everything is up to date... and running leopard on the computer in my sig.
    How can I fix the crashing problem?????

Please help!

Thanks.

******SOLVED!!!!********
    I used time machine and restored the library from a few days ago. AND BINGO!!!!!!

2. macrumors 68040

squeeks

im guessing you have all of the updates installed?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

tooshaggy

All up to date, running Leopard.. sorry I should have put that in my post!

Software update says everything is up to date.

4. macrumors 601

Westside guy

Aperture's not crashing for me under Leopard, but I did run into an odd issue. My registration information wasn't preserved during the "archive and install" upgrade to Leopard; and when I try to run Aperture under my usual non-admin account, it tells me it can't write the registration data to disk since "the user doesn't have enough privileges" - so I have to re-enter my name and serial number every time I want to run the program.

This definitely wasn't a problem in Tiger.

I imagine this can be solved by running Aperture from an admin account; but I filed a bug report with Apple and want to wait a few days to see if they need any more information and/or release a fix first.