Aperture Import doesn't show iPhone any more

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sirolway, Nov 4, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2009
    OK I may be missing something here, in the age of Photo Stream, iCloud & all that .... but when I hit Cmd-I in Aperture to import photos, my Mac shows up but not my iPhone. What's going on - how do I import photos from my iPhone these days?

Or is this just yet another Lion / iOS5 bug, sigh!
  2. macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2011
    i noticed the same thing.. while aperture is open and youre in the import dropdown section, try disconnecting your iPhone then re-connecting immediately after. mine popped up after that.
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2010

I have the same problem -- and I've disconnected, reconnected the phone, and it doesn't show up in image capture, so that's no help either....ANy other ideas??
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 9, 2011

Hi all,

I have got the same problem. iPhone 4 recognised by Final Cut Pro and iTunes, just not Aperture. I have been importing photos successfully for ages without a hitch, and now... no more :-(

Any ideas folks?

5. macrumors newbie

May 16, 2012
    I just had the same issue when switching from iPhoto to Aperture. If you haven't solved your problem try this.

Attach iPhone to your Mac.
    In iTunes under Devices, Select the iPhone
    Under Photos select "Sync Photos from Aperture."

You should now be able to import photos into Aperture.
  6. macrumors newbie

May 28, 2008

If you go to image capture while your phone is plugged in and change whichever program that is selected to open and import photos when your phone is attached to Aperture then re launch aperture, that might work.