Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ollie Cromwell

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
London
I have just purchased Aperture today and installed it on my new MBP C2D 2.33.

The problem I am having is that it does not launch, a dock icon bounces once and then nothing happens, if I click on the app in the Applications folder nothing happens.

My machine is totally up to date running 10.4.8 and I installed the 1.5 to 1.5.1 update as well.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix this without me needing to do a clean OSX install?

Help please:(

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I have just purchased Aperture today and installed it on my new MBP C2D 2.33.

The problem I am having is that it does not launch, a dock icon bounces once and then nothing happens, if I click on the app in the Applications folder nothing happens.

My machine is totally up to date running 10.4.8 and I installed the 1.5 to 1.5.1 update as well.

If you've already tried trashing the app and reinstalling, repairing permissions and then reinstalling, rebooting... I'd say it's time to either call Apple or else make an appointment at the Genius Bar. It's one of their Pro apps so they'd better be good about supporting it. :D

Ollie Cromwell

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
London
Problem solved

Post the crash log...

The app never crashed, it simply did not load. I fixed the problem overnight by doing a reinsatall of OSX, once that had run Aperture worked fine. Something in my system must have been corrupted or had permissions changed. I did not have to do a hard drive wipe and complete rebuild luckily.

Thanks.

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.