Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcsbite

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
I installed Aperture 1.5 and used it to import my iphoto library.
it's created a 7.12 GB aperture library, and also a folder containing images that is 7.3 GB
my iphoto library was just over 7 gb
what happened?

I think it may have created versions in all the albums and imported the rolls from iphoto too....

how can I fix this without rebuilding everything?

I'm extremely confused.
thank you

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
If you choose store files in the aperture library then it will duplicate the files.
If you choose store files in thier current location then aperture will just read the files from your iphoto library.

As for the roll thing! Its real annoying, iphoto dosnt do a great job at organising photos when it comes to the actual stored files. I had to import folder by folder to get my photos in correct projects. (and I had 190 rolls)

Good Luck!

arcsbite

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
dazboardrider said:
If you choose store files in the aperture library then it will duplicate the files.
If you choose store files in thier current location then aperture will just read the files from your iphoto library.

As for the roll thing! Its real annoying, iphoto dosnt do a great job at organising photos when it comes to the actual stored files. I had to import folder by folder to get my photos in correct projects. (and I had 190 rolls)

Good Luck!

I don't remember selecting either, but it's storing them both in and out I think.
it impoted everything, so all my albums are there with versions of the images, but then there's a folder called rolls which contains all the masters.
I moved the masters into the correct albums...but it's still a he-uge pair of files
I am so confused.
I though by putting the masters in the correct project boxes (that had the right album in) that it would help

I now have the perfect aperture, only it's telling me that the files are refferenced, but they are, for some reason also stored in a .aperture file under projects.

please tell me I didn't just rearrange 12,000 images in the rolls folder for nothing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.