Aperture not loading

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sp71Supra, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

Hello guys, I recently loaded Aperture 1.5.2 on my Macbook Pro C2D... When I click the icon, it bounces for a second in the dock and then dissapears and does not load :mad: ,do I have a bad version or something? Anyone experience the same thing? Thanks...

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Is it only happening since you updated it? Or has 1.5.2 worked before?

3. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

This happened to me right after I Archived and Installed my system and I didn't yet use software update to go back to 10.4.8. If your OS X version is less than what Aperture needs, it will do this.

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Well I had 1.5.2 in 10.4.8 and had no issues. I cant think of anything else other than reinstall it unless some of the other guys here have more suggestions. You having difficultys with 10.4.9?

5. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

Run the Console (it's in Applications/Utilities) and see what kind of error message pops up when Aperture tries loading.

6. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

I'm no expert, but it sounds like there's a library file that's missing. Did you install the 10.4.9 upgrade around the same time? Application prebinding during an update can apparently damage or delete files if another application is in use at the same time.

Your best bet is simply to re-install Aperture, I think, to restore the missing files.

7. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248