Aperture or Lightroom??

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by MagicMouse, Mar 23, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I am getting my first Mac soon and am a photographer. I am of course getting the Adobe design bundle first in order to have Photoshop and other programs of interest to me.

But after that I will be getting Aperture or Lightroom... I can get Lightroom for $98 because I am enrolled in college. But if Aperture is better to some, I would consider it over LR.

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Try both,
    Adobe and apple both offer trials.

Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, its really how your workflow is and which one fits your needs the best. I've used both and now with Aperture ver.3 Apple has improved the localized editing of AP3 on par with LightRoom and its DAM is superior in my opinion.

Its a personal preference so you really need to see how both stack up and how you like each interface. There's really no right or wrong answer so just get the one you like the most.

4. macrumors 6502a

Frosties

5. macrumors member

IMO, both programs are just about the same. I have used both retail copies extensively. I do however prefer the workflow of LightRoom. Its mainly user preference. Buy whatever you want (depending on how much you want to spend) and stick with it.