Aperture Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brando06, Mar 18, 2007.

1. brando06 macrumors regular

Anyone have any idea of how i can take two images in which i want to compare. I am on a new workout regeim and i want to compare my weeks so does anyone know how to save them as one image where the two images are side by side with eachother?? Or would there be a better program for this??

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

You could just slide the pictures in Aperture right up next to eachother and simultaneously highlight both. Then you can see both in the viewer, side by side. Then if you wanted to keep it as one pic you could screen shoot it.

3. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

but they show up about 2 inches apart from eachother?? Is there anyway to have them right side by side?? I have seen it done before, but don't know how to do it?

Also what do you mean by screen shoot it?? You mean take a screen shot of the whole screeN?? How would i do it properly??

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Do you have Photoshop?? If not you could just download SeaShore and then export them from Aperture and line them up in SeaShore or Photoshop..

5. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so photoshop is the program that i should get?? Do i really need aperture if i have photoshop>? Or are they 2 completely different programs?

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

It isn't that hard. All you have to do, (once you have the pics selected and you see them both on screen) is push Cmd + Shift + 4 and a pair of crosshairs will appear in which you just drag around the part of the screen you want to screen shoot, then you have the pic on your desktop.

Do you already own Aperture? Or, are you on the free trial or what? If this is all you want to do you do NOT need Aperture. Aperture is a fairly complex program for organizing pictures comprehensively using meta data/etc, as well as light adjustments. Photoshop is also a fairly advanced program that specializes in image enhancement. Rather than having one or the other, most people use both in coordination.

7. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

I am just running the demo, and i all i am using this stuff for is simple image editting.

8. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Have you used iPhoto? For the things you are doing, it can probably be more than enough. If you are looking for maybe a free alternative to Photoshop (considering it is so expensive) you might try out "Gimp", which does require something called X11 which can be confusing if you've never done it before, but people here would be happy to help you with that.

9. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks, so i tried iphoto, but it still has the split between the two images how do i make it so the images are exactly SIDE BY SIDE??

10. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Again, you might try exporting them from Aperture then lining them up in one of the programs I mentioned earlier. (SeaShore, Gimp, or Photoshop)

11. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok cool, thanks, i will try that and let you knwo how it works. Ummm, but isn't exporting my images from aperture the same as already have the images on my hard drive and then lining them up in photoshop that way?

12. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Pretty much. Just some photo's people import into Aperture are stored in Aperture and need to be exported.