Aperture Refuses To Launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aperture, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi. I tried installing a Front Row hack on my iMac a few nights ago, and it corrupted my computer.:eek: I did an Archive/Reinstall, every thing is back to normal except Aperture. I click on Aperture in the App Folder, (Not in my dock) it appears on the right side of the dock to show it is opening (as any other app), and bounces up and down for 1-2 seconds. After that, it just disappears from the dock like I quit it.

Every app but Aperture is working.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kevin

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

This is a long shot here, but sometimes none of my apps launch (happened twice so far), they just bounce a couple times, and I just restart the computer and it fixes it. You said all other apps are ok, so it is a long shot, but just thought I point that out to you. Have your repaired permissions, or trashed preference files? Maybe if you took out the Front Row Hack, maybe that has something to do with it? :)

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Cleared Preferences, Repaired Permissions, Restarted twice, Launched Aperture

No Luck.

Thanks for your quick response btw.

4. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

After thinking about it, I remember when I first installed Aperture it wouldn't run, me & another member troubleshooted and found my info.plist file in the Aperture Contents to be corrupt for some reason.

He sent me his info.plist file & it launched.

Can anyone with a working version of aperture do the following steps and PM me the info.plist file? (Please?)

App Folder > Aperture > Right Click > Show Package Contents > Contents > "info.plist"

That is the file I need.

Could anyone please either post or PM it ?

Thank You.

Kevin

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've attached mine to this post. Note this is from Aperture 1.5.1. Using this might prevent you upgraded a 1.5 copy to 1.5.1 as the app will already appear to be updated.

Attached Files: