Aperture ShapeShifter theme?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Benjamindaines, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Does anyone know of an Aperture ShapeShifter theme that will make all of OS X look like Aperture?

--Thanks

2. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

I know someone who is currently developing one, but there aren't any public betas of it yet.

EDIT: here's the mockup (very large file)

3. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Great post a link of it when it is available.

Thanks

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

There's a theme called Uno (don't have a link... try VersionTracker or Google) that gives the whole OS the "unified window" look.

But, I'd like to see the whole OS allow the smaller UI elements like the Apple Pro apps use. Or at least some third-party apps using the Apple Pro UI elements. Are these even available to third-party apps??

5. kjdenison macrumors 6502

I would really love to see a theme like this. Do you have a link to the developer? The screenshot looks extremely nice.

6. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

EDIT: I looked at the mock up again and now see the line. But could you pass these thoughts on you the dev: Aperture is a bit lighter in colour his looks more like iTunes, and the close buttons are too "plasticy" Aperture has normal buttons just graphite.

7. kjdenison macrumors 6502

any news on this theme? I can't believe no-one has developed anything like it yet.

8. kjdenison macrumors 6502

that grey seems really blue to me. Not quite like the new apple gui. Thanks for sharing though!!

9. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

That was released a long time before Aperture was probably even being developed, not updated to 10.4, has no iT5/6 appskin, and isn't very usable IMHO.

10. kjdenison macrumors 6502

I wish I knew how to create themes, I would work one up.

11. emutree macrumors member

Yep the Uno theme definitely has an Aperture-esque quality about it - it's darker than Mail's Unified look but not like the new iLife look. I installed it about two weeks ago and I love it. It takes quite a while to get used to at first because there really isn't a strong difference between the active window and background windows (which I hope they imrpove in the future) but the resulting windows look great. I don't think their screenshots do it justice, so here's one of my own (of iWork):
    [​IMG]

Here's the website link for Uno:
    http://gui.interacto.net/

12. kjdenison macrumors 6502

I agree about Uno. I have been using it for some time now, and it is by far the nicest gui available currently. It's not quite the same as the aperture style, but its a step in the right direction.