APExpress internet dropout after 10min...solution?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by woodke, Sep 4, 2006.

1. woodke macrumors newbie

i have three macs in one room - 2 g5 towers and 1 ibook. i have an airport express base station and a cable modem from millenium digital media.

the ibook and one of the g5's have no problems connecting to the internet via the airport. my other g5 will hold a connection for a max. of about 15 min. (usually more like 5min.) then i have to cycle the modem power and restart my computer to get the connection back (and that only works about 1/2 the time).

my airport signal is generally very strong - no problems seeing/connecting to the base station - just can't connect to the internet. i have no problems connecting to the internet with the ethernet cable directly. i don't have any common interference devices (speakers/phones/stereo eq.). i've reset my parameter RAM, and my nvRAM and nothing's changed. i've run the AP set-up assistant like 6 times. i've done soft and hard resets on the AP express. i have all the current software and firmware updates, and my g5 networks settings are basically the same as the other g5's that is working smoothly...to no avail...

any suggestions, similar problems, fixes, help, sympathy...please:confused:

2. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Im sure there is no particular reason why this worked for me, but I live in an apartment, and, although I checked and noone was on my wifi that wasnt supposed to, I would have to reset my netgear hub every few days. My solution was to make it a secure network (WEP keys) and now it is much more stable.

3. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Could it have anything to do with the channel(s) your computers are on? :confused:

I know I had this problem with one computer, and it was solved by changing the channel.