Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
I preordered the Apogee Jam 3 months ago, and now its release has gotten pushed back again. Rather than wait indefinitely, I'm ready to move on.

What are your best recommendations for a different interface for a first-time user, who plans to track one guitar at a time, maybe vocals later, using a MacBookPro 13" and Garabegand.

If I "get into" recording, I could see upgrading to Logic down the road, but I wouldn't be running a recording studio, just me playing guitar, maybe one of my girls singing, micing an amp, but that's about it.

Thanks in advance.

Papanate

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
North Carolina
I'm confused...Apogee Jam 3 is for use with an iPad. I'm not sure if it would even work with a Mac Book Pro.

That said...the Apogee One is a perfect compliment for what you want to do. The Mic is built in and not altogether unpleasant - you certainly could obtain great results without a ton of effort.
It interfaces with Garageband quite nicely too.

Last edited:

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
Thanks for the comments. The Jam was advertised to work with the iPad, iPhone and Mac. I plan to use the interface with my Mac.

HoldernessMedia

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
The Jam works with Macs and iOS devices equally well so far. I posted alot of details on operation and review on here before, just search for "Apogee Jam review"

Personally I'd recommend Apogee, the ONE would be good for your needs it seems. Sean1218's suggestions are also good interfaces from what I hear. Never used the TC but a friend of mine has one of the original Saffire's and he's pretty happy with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.