Apology to ALemon et. al.

Discussion in 'Community' started by ftaok, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 601

ftaok

I guess I just missed that other thread before it closed. But I did want to post this.

Truer words have never been said.

I feel that a lot of times, on these big threads, it gets hard for me to keep track of who said what, let alone what I said. I was sorta disappointed that I was being attacked (that's the way it felt) for just voicing an opinion which I believed to be very valid. A lot of you guys give out some really good info and help, and I try to take it all in.

Anyways, I never meant to imply that I truly believed that Macs weren't compatible at all. Just wanted to get into the head of an average non-Mac user and to really some of the frustration in getting various things to work on my Mac (i.e. ActiveX and the avi's).

So let's call a truce to this debate and smile!

BTW, those avi's that I have aren't all too legal, but they're not what you think. Or maybe they are. :D

2. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

ftaok, as many people will tell you (some have burn marks from area effect flaming ;) ) I don't apologize for much of anything. If it turns out that I made an error, and get corrected, I will give credit to the person who found my error (happens very infrequently when it comes to Mac tech). Others will tell you that I am worse then a pit-bull when I get on the war path. I don't back down, I don't surrender, I just keep hammering away at thick skulls (usually with protruding brows) until it sinks in or they go away. I also (typically) give the throwback at least a one post chance to avoid the flames and sniper rounds. If they miss that chance, heaven help them, because hell is on my side. :D

With that in mind, you did a good job of smoothing things over with this thread/post.

3. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I closed the thread...

u were getting a bit too heated...it was being reported...

I am glad to see u guys making up here though... ;)

4. thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

To be honest, Ambitious Lemon handed out the olive branch. I was just following his lead.

5. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Either way, its good to see that you accepted it... I would offer one, but it got burned down in one of my early flame wars :D....

6. macrumors 65816

remember the ignore feature is always there (it's certainly working wonders for me :D :D)

7. macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Snicker~

Damn , did I miss another irrelevant flame war!

Crap, sitting here all day in front of the computer doing nothing worth while
    waiting for a decent flame war to break up my useless day and what happens the minute I turn my back and go to have blissful sex.

PHHhhhshssssstttttt Flames everywhere.

And I missed it, but my girl was over and that was a good time.
    Anyone want to see the video? :p

No seriously now, gentlemen.

Does anyone really take the heat of these flames seriously?
    I for one enjoy reading the occaisional blasting of twisted remarks.
    Especially when they is good old fashioned name calling wiht a satirical twist.
    I think its good for one and all, can you imagine if there were never a burst of wanton fiery words.
    why, it would be maddness I tell you , pure maddness!

"Oh sir, I beg you to forgive my errant remark for surely you know best in this
    situation and I bow to your superiour intellect!"

" oh no no!, surely you jest, you have proven your knowledge, time and time again, your reputation is unscathed and without reproach. Please continue your powerful and witty dialogue!"

Cough cough, I puke on this banal banter. lets fight when the ire is up, its so much the better for when we all come together and make up as the olive branch descends upon our blood stained brows!

Crumbs and biscuits, they finally shipped my freakin Ti.
    I finally found a rant that I could squeeze that in,, Oh did I mention my free, FREE firefly...... FLAME ON!

ANyone want to see the video of when i accept deliver! < choke!>
    Damn, I am irritating.

Soylent Green is people!

8. macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Snicker~

Looks like it, but if it makes you feel any better, you're a stinking pansy, your mom is a fat whore, OS X suxors, and Windows XP rules. :)

9. macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

What!>?

hey you hurt my feelings! :(

Oh your joking Ha ha.

Nevermind.

10. macrumors 68030

teabgs

we should get travis or gocyrus back here to yell at and give everyone a common enemy...:D

11. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

is it just me....or has gocyrus' name been coming up a lot lately?!

12. macrumors 68030

britboy

Yes, it has. I think people are missing having an obvious idiot on the boards. He kind of made it easy to flame him. Flaming can be fun ;)

13. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

maybe....but if u look around at some of the things many of the newbies are pulling....u could easily find a flamewar to jump into...there have been a lot of cocky...dumb comments being posted in other threads lately...

not that I'm an advocate for flamewars....it's partly why I'm here....to bring peace to the forums... ;)

14. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But even with the ignorance and stupidity, it takes someone who's willing to jump up and start flaming. There aren't that many around here, Alpha's the only really active one and most people catch on quick not to mess around.

15. macrumors 68030

teabgs

Maybe I should kick it to "pissed off teabgs style" and run around macrumors as a renegade flamer!.....did that come out right?:D

16. macrumors 68030

britboy

and you'd no doubt soon get a rap on the knuckles from arn... :rolleyes:

Newbies deserve a warm welcome, i agree, but that doesn't mean the 'warm' part needs to be done with a flame-thrower :p

17. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

As long as you keep your clothes on.

You'd probably have a hard time finding many targets, like I said, once flamed, they don't come back lookin for more (usually)

18. macrumors 68030

teabgs

Ah, man! Why do you have to take all the fun out of it?

What if I just wear a hat...?;)

19. macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Look at me ma!!

What Alphatech meant to write was:

"Look at me everyone! I'm proud of the fact that I always reply to posts without thinking them through. I know everything there is to know about macintosh! Oh, by the way did I tell you that I'm a systems administrator. Y'know, like the one from theregister.co.uk. The bastard operator from hell. It's really good constantly calling other people stupid, especially if they make a valid point that I haven't read properly (you have to excuse my English, I dropped out of school back in ****sville cos the other kids weren't impressed with my fantastic geek credentials). Anyway, I'm happy now, because I've found Macrumors where I can be as obnoxious and get away with it, because I know that if I was this rude in real life, someone would run a car key along the beautiful chrome of my bike. Looooooargh........ chrome. I love chrome. Chrome powerbook etc. etc. "

Now, where's that ignore button gone...

20. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u are right...he lives for that sort of thing...

it's quite funny...in a sick sort of way don't u think?

21. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

No mercy or quarter given on his part. And people complain about him, but I'm happy he's out there kicking butts. It makes it safer for the rest of us....

Seriously, it does keep the stupidity at bay, and only once in a while gets out of hand that you have to step in and say something or shut down a thread if things get hot, like yesterday. And that's because people don't back down, ha, wild dynamics on the threads sometimes.

D

22. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...he doesn't f**k around...and he's one of those people who literally hates ignorance....

kind of like when everyone is thinking something...and it takes just one to actually say it....that's Alpha...;)

he's also an incredible source of info when it comes to Mac hardware...he's helped me numerous times... :D

23. macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

I disagree!

I disagree with this.

He often attacks people senselessly in a way that doesn't achieve anything, i.e. by not actually READING the posts.

Alphatech shows more ignorance than a lot of the trolls that pop up, which makes the idea of him being an anti-zealot nonsense.

Macrumors would be a lot better without Alphatech's BS.

24. macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: I disagree!

That's in your opinion. You are however just one of over 5100 members. Personally, i like alphatech, and enjoy reading most of his posts.

Is it his fault that he's knowledgeable about macs? No. Does he share that knowledge? Yes. Where's the problem? So he gets a bit boisterous at times... oh well, it all adds to the spice of life :p

25. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: I disagree!

Ask all the people that I have helped out. BEFORE you start slamming people, make sure YOU have your facts straight.

When people type up several screens worth of crap, you better believe I won't waste my time reading their stupidity. Only those with entirely too much time on their hands would. Get to the point fast, and you will avoid the flames, unless you are showing way too much ignorance, or talking about a subject that I know about. I also have access to the resources to confirm or rebutt information posted.

As I have stated before, I do give people the chance to avoid flames, if they choose to be too ignorant to either see it, or take that opportunity, then I feel no mercy to them.

The only times I start to seriously flame people is when they turn too stupid to be allowed to breed. Ask the moderators about this... eyelikeart is on here a ton and sees threads that even I don't. During the week, I can't be at my desk all that much, since I am out HELPING people with their computers.

Oh, and if you are referring to the postings I have made about the alternate browsers, get over it. I have the latest build of chimera (built on fizzial... accurately named) and it failed an important test... handling frames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.