App approval times?

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by igneousc, May 13, 2011.

1. macrumors member

How long is apple taking to approve apps these days? I thought they were quicker? I have an iPhone update and a new iPad app that were submitted 11 days ago. Iphone has been in review for a week, iPad for 5 days. I thought it would have been quicker because my apps are rather simple.. :(

2. macrumors 603

I've recently seen anywhere between slightly less than 2 days to slightly over 2 weeks random variation, from submission to approval. Thus, I wouldn't worry until it got to about 3 weeks.

3. macrumors regular

My app has been in queue for like 5-6 days now and it's status changed to "in review" last night. Hope it gets approved :D

4. macrumors 6502

I just submitted an update on Thursday and it went to review yesterday. My last update took 4 days. I also submitted a new app for approval last Sunday and it's still "waiting for review". The Apple docs say 92% of new apps get approved/rejected in 7 days and 95% of update gets approved/rejected in 7 days.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Up to 16 days on my new iPad app. This is excessive :(

6. macrumors 68000

ulbador

In my experience, when this happens your app generally goes live in 24 hours.

My average experience has been 7 days on updates. New apps always seem to take much longer, usually twice as long.

7. macrumors 6502

I submitted my app some time Sunday night, status went to "In Review" this morning and I just got an email saying it's ready to go.

8. thread starter macrumors member

iPad or iPhone? I'm wondering if the iPad apps are taking longer, I just think 17 days is pushing it, especially since there isn't all that much to go through with my app :(

9. macrumors 6502

iPhone.

10. thread starter macrumors member

It's officially been over 3 weeks now, is there any way to get in touch with them about this? It makes no sense

11. macrumors 603

WWDC is imminent.

Maybe they're busier than usual.

12. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

iTunes Connect Contact Us.

13. thread starter macrumors member

Yea I'm assuming that's it. I've contacted them and haven't heard back in a few days too :(

14. macrumors 603

Not that busy, I just had a critical bug fix update approved in less than 3 days. A less recent app took longer, but not several weeks.

I don't expect many apps to get approved next week during WWDC.

15. thread starter macrumors member

yeah I had an iPHone app update take a week and I uploaded that the same day. A new iPad app taking almost a month now though, and I am feeling the same way as you about next week. Kinda sucks after putting as much time and money into the app as I have

16. thread starter macrumors member

Sigh, another week gone by. Coming up on 5 weeks now, although I wasn't optimistic about things getting done this week. Anyone get an iPad app approved this week? This is what they told me, and yeah I got that standard "your app will take a bit longer to review" email a day or so after it went into review.

17. macrumors demi-god

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not an iPad app, but had an update to an iPhone app submitted, reviewed, and approved in 6 days last week.

I know the waiting game can be very frustrating!

18. macrumors 6502

my iphone app took about 7 days before it went into review. If you got that email, from what I've read, it probably means that there's an issue with it and there's a good change it'll get rejected. It might be a good idea to give them a call and see what's going on