App for backlit Apple logo on macbooks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lu0s3r322, Dec 14, 2006.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

When i close the lid on my Macbook Pro and it goes to sleep, the backlit Apple logo obviously isn't backlit anymore. Is there any way to keep it lit when the lid is closed or not make it sleep when i close the lid. This is just a personal preference because the logo looks so cool when it's lit and the lid is closed. :eek:

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The logo isn't separately lit - it's just a hole in the top case that the backlight from the LCD shines through. If you want it to stay on you'll need something to keep the screen on while the computer is closed.

3. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok well i guess you could keep it lit by disabling sleep mode somehow. i know there are apps and other mods that can disable sleep more in PPC macs but i havent found one that works for intel macs

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I know it sounds like a cool idea, but it really isn't very practical. As when you close your Mac you conserve power. If you leave the backlight on (however you do it) you would be wasting energy for nothing.

I figure my reasoning won't stop you anyway, so... you can search for a clamshell mode hack that will enable the machine to stay awake when closed.

5. benneh macrumors member

cut out a glow-in-the-dark sticker shape of the Apple!

Energy saving AND uber cool