App for Keeping Track of Working Hours

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by iFanaddic, Mar 18, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Hey guys I recently started working on call which means I have very irregular shifts. I decided since it would be best to keep track of all my hours just to make sure my boss doesnt make any mistakes...

But I want to know if there is an app that you can record all your working hours with manually like at the end of the day? Right now I open pages write the date and the number of hours I worked but it'd be nice if there was an app that could calculate the number of hour's done in a week, month and expected paycheck... someone must of thought of that right..?

2. macrumors 65816

scienide09

If you have Pages, then you must have Numbers. A simple spreadsheet will do everything you need, and easily, without the need for another app.

Create a template specific to your needs, and keep it as a master. Then, when you have new hours to add, save as a different file or worksheet for each pay period.

3. macrumors member

KFujiwara

It's not quite an application, but there is a website that does a pretty nice job of doing so that is free. time.onrails.org lets you create an account, keep track of time for multiple projects, and I believe export them to different file formats. All you need to do is remember to start and stop and stay on the correct month/project that you are recording. I've been using it for school and some design projects and it works pretty well.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

ya I know but I dont really like Numbers, I would prefer if there was an app out there. Much more fun then a spreadsheet or a pages document for that matter anyway just my opinion, but I might resolve to that if I cant find anything.

5. macrumors 65816

scienide09

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

7. macrumors newbie

I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd mention my new iPhone app. It's called My Hours and is specifically for tracking a flexible work schedule.

http://www.myhoursapp.com

8. macrumors newbie

Re: iPhone app and new update

I checked out the app. The 1 star reviews said it used to be a great app, and since the update, the app has been erasing the data entered. Has this been remedied?

I am also looking for an app to keep track of my work hours.

9. macrumors newbie

Hello, try this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/worktime!/id551781407?mt=8