App for network info?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by prophet621, May 12, 2006.

1. prophet621 macrumors member

I'm wondering if anyone knows of an app for keeping network information organized and easy to find. IP address for computers and printers, work that's been done/needs to be done and things of that nature. In the past I've used tried different apps but never a one app fits all and it's never really easy to find exactly what info I'm looking for when I need it.

I'm getting one of my old jobs back as network support for various locations and I want to keep track of everything for these locations.

Also, could anyone reccomend good network utilities for OSX. I used to use Linux but I'm really out of practice with it and really don't feel like using it again.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Actually, it depends on what you'll be managing - Remote Desktop is a pretty decent, reasonably priced app for managing Macs and - via VNC - PCs. I'm not sure of a good cross-platform app in that price range.

What types of systems will you manage, and what's your budget? There's obviously OpenView, Tivoli, etc - but those can be pricey.

And for organizing info - why not just a spreadsheet? Not perfect, but it'd be sortable, etc.