App for Printing CD / DVD Disc Labels?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ~Shard~, Jun 8, 2006.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I have some round DVD labels in .JPG format which I would like to print off for some discs I’ve burned. I also have some Avery CD/DVD labels, allowing me to print 2 CD/DVD disc labels per sheet.

My question is, what app can I use to print these labels off using the special Avery labels I bought? The .JPGs are sized such that I think I would just need to print them without any resizing being required, but I do not know how to align them so that they print properly on my Avery sheets and not just in the middle of the page or something like that. I searched around on sourceforge and versiontracker but could not find any app (Windows or Mac, either would be fine) which would do this for me. Roxio Easy CD Creator (which I have installed) came close with its Label Creator, however it doesn’t appear you can import other disc labels to be burned, only manipulate their existing templates.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. skipsandwichdx macrumors regular

3. road dog macrumors regular

Toast 6 and Toast 7 include Discus label printing software. It supports Avery.

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Wow, thanks guys, didn't realize it would be as easy as printing right from Word! And I do have Toast 7, but never realized it had that functionality.

Once again, thanks - you learn something new every day! :) :cool:

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well it's not really toast, it's discuss that's doing the job.
    MacKieve PrintShop 2 is a handy cheap app for stuff like that too, supporting the different labels and direct to disc printing too. Basically its a better version of 'MS Publisher' for the mac, and seeing as though MS Office on the mac doesnt come with publisher, its a nice easy programme for those missing publisher on the pc....

6. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Ah, I see, thansk for the clarification. As for PrintShop I'll have to check tou that app as well - sounds useful.

Thanks. :cool:

7. tj2001 macrumors regular

Disc Cover

I really like BeLight software; all of there applications are extremely intuitive and give remarkable results! Here take a look at their new Disc Cover hope it helps you out :)

8. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Thanks a lot, I'll check this one out too. Right now I'm managing by printing the labels using Avery templates in Word, but it's always nice to have a slick, handy application to do things better. :)