app for switcher with mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oldswitcher, Feb 15, 2005.

1. oldswitcher macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2005
    Only for those who switched to Mac from PC and going to be pleasured with mac mini. Chances that they will miss two-panel file manager of good quality on mac: there's actually not much to select from, really, but... I found one decent alternative. Maybe you'd say that this software is useless for Mac but the experiance show that it is very useful and saves a lot of time and nerves.

So my message is to try searching Google for "Disk Order 0.9.7". It is currently in 0.9.7 version but it already features the most needed functions: file viewer, editor, copy/duplicate/move/delete, index utilizing search, customizable shortcuts, CD-burner, zip-packer, terminal etc.

VersionTracker's feedbacks claim that it's must-have application for those who used to Total Commander on PC. I think it's true.

Hope this helped somebody.
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I remember those apps from the DOS days... It's amazing they're still around. However, it's a useful format. Transmit uses the same interface, and it does work well -- too bad it doesn't work on local files.