Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barjam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
So my phone does the location based notification thing on the bottom left hand side of the screen and my wife's phone does not (both iphone 6). I have looked at all the settings I could think of and can see no differences. What controls this functionality?

And what I mean by location based is if I drive up to the Apple store or AT&T I see the a little AT&T/App store icon I can swipe to open.

This isn't a super cool feature or anything I am just curious how to turn it back on (or off later).

Thanks

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
The setting for this is under > Settings > iTunes & App Store > Suggested Apps

You also have to have location services turned on, obviously. Those options are under > Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services

As I type this I realize once again how complex iOS settings have become. But at least we still get the option to turn stuff off, which is great.

Last edited:

barjam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
The setting for this is under > Settings > iTunes & App Store > Suggested Apps

You also have to have location services turned on, obviously. Those options are under > Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services

As I type this I realize once again how complex iOS settings have become. But at least we still get the option to turn stuff off, which is great.

I didn't know about the first one but she had it set and of course the second one is set. It still didn't work. Honestly the feature isn't *that* cool just interesting that it doesn't work on her phone.

Thanks though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You should also check Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps

Also are Bluetooth and WiFi enabled on both phones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.