App Name for icon sizes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Toby Goodbar, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

i saw it once and didn't want it until recently when i saw a screenshot of someones desktop who was using it. now i can't remember the name and googling for 2 hours now hasn't helped.

what is the app that lets you change icon sizes independently. ie. you can have different sized icons on your desktop?

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

3. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

that may be so, but there is an app that does this and i can't remember tha name.

i originally came across it while looking for an icon maker.

4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

oh, well maybe you could link us to the screenshot you saw.

5. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

http://download.videolan.org/vlc/screenshots/0.8.5/VLC-default-skin.jpg

its from the screenshot section at videolan.org. its the media player known as VLC.

they didn't make it or anything but after seeing the desktop i relaized i could put more icons w/out looking cluttered if i could size them according to how much i used it. i don't like a cluttered dock either ;)

6. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

I'm afraid to say that isn't OS X, that is a Linux gnome desktop with those features. Also I don't know a lot about Gnome so not sure if that is standard or a add on to the GUI.

7. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

well i know thats gnome b/c it says so. but there IS an osx app that lets you do this specifically. its not a question of wether it exists or not. i've seen it. i just cant remember tha name and its driving me nuts!!! so i posted on here hoping someone was familiar.

for future info is there a way to control image size when posting? b/c that image size is ridiculous.