App similar to Microsoft's Paint?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ITASOR, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Well yeah.....title says it all. I'm trying to find an application for Mac that is almost identical to MS Paint, which shouldn't be to hard to find, or so I thought. Guess I was wrong, I've been searching for hours.

Yes, I have photoshop, and I really like it, however I use Paint all the time on Windows XP. It's a great app to take a screen shot, circle something, save and send to somone. It's a great app to make a real quick diagram or freehand of something. I know Graphic Converter, but I don't really like how it works.

Does anyone know of the "mspaint" for Mac? :eek:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Get your mind out of the Microsoft sewer. New Macs come bundled with an absolutely wonderful app called GraphicConverter. If you don't have it, down load it. Also iPhoto can do some raster graphics editing. Photoshop Elements will do for those who need something a little more powerful than GraphicConverter.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

MS gets a check in the plus margin for this one - it is included.

Graphic Converter costs $30.00.

4. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

Read, read, read, read, read. Thanks. I said I already know about all the programs Mac comes with. I'm not new to Mac and I'm not a switcher..I started with an Apple IIe.

I'm just saying I like Paint and I'm wondering what's the closet program like Paint that runs on OS X. I don't even care if it costs money.

iGary: Graphic Converter costs $30? Is the bundled one just a trial? It looks like the full App to me!

5. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

I tried searching on MR a while before I posted those threads and didn't find anything. That's for pointing that out. I'm trying to DL seashore now!

6. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

Seashore is so awesome I put it in my Dock! Thank you everyone!

7. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The app is fully functional even if you don't pay the shareware fee. However, Apple paid the $30.00 for you. If you don't want to take advantage it, then that's your choice.