Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GameGuru38

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Ohio
Its very frustrating to keep going in and every program not being compatible with this version. I would love it to only show the programs that actually work with Lion. Anyway to do this?

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Its very frustrating to keep going in and every program not being compatible with this version. I would love it to only show the programs that actually work with Lion. Anyway to do this?

Would be a great option to have....but Apple generally discourages using an "old" OS when they come out with the "new" and latest and greatest OS on their yearly cycle...so probably no way to do this. Would be a great benefit for those using previous OS's due to hardware and third party stuff and constraints.

OS X Lion especially is considered now "old" as far as technology timelines are concerned. I personally found OS X Lion to run well and still use it on my MacBook Pro 2010. Of course I dual boot to OS X El Capitan, but I seem to use OS X Lion more. Kind of rediscovered the greatness of it when I upgraded it with 16 gigs of RAM and a SSD drive. I guess that was the missing technology at that time to make OS X Lion really good.

Though I have a MacBook Air 2013 (love it), I tend to go back and use the "old" MacBook Pro 2010 more, has all of the ports etc. that I need. I even used the DVD rom built into it more now than ever. Kind of strange when the tech industry says it is "outdated" and not of use. It seemed easier to just put a DVD in and hit play instead of streaming, iCloud-ING etc. did not need passwords, or strong internet, or subscriptions, or other fees to watch or listen to my media or take a lot of time to get the media running. Put DVD in and hit play...that was it. Easier...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.