"App Store" APP not Showing Updates...

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by agoodfella, Nov 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

on my iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS5, the App Store app is not showing updates, only when I select and go into the app do the pending updates show up.

Any fix for this?

Many thanks.

2. macrumors newbie

The same thing happens to my iPod touch 4G on iOS 5.0.1. I suspect that it may be a software issue, or maybe Apple intended this to be... Not sure yet but it's not a major issue yet. Try asking Apple Support by either phone or email. Good luck.

3. macrumors 603

That's how it's always been?! It never automatically showed updates unless you went into the app...

4. macrumors regular

This

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? How come my iPad and other iPhones show pending updates showing in the upper corner icon without first having to go into the APP?

6. macrumors 6502

Perhaps you have the App Store running the background, causing it to update and check for updates. For users who don't have multi-tasking, you usually have to go in the app to check for updates; which is how I have always done it. Especially with iOS 5 now, you have the ability to make sure that the App Store automatically updates every app...

7. macrumors regular

I believe the App Store is starting to push updates now - I've started receiving them on my 4S.

It's been a long time coming, glad they are finally doing this!

8. macrumors 603

My iPad seems to show updates after checking for updates on my iPhone or on iTunes.