Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowspy101

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
Hello, I have partially the same problem and this is worrying me, because of the new update the App Store never let's me see my purchases! The closest I've gotten is a loading screen! I hate the new update and I don't think I can enjoy the App Store any more!

silvermsp

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
This fix is very easy and tested. Get on iTunes with your computer. Navigate to your downloaded apps history in the app store (iTunes store - purchased - apps) Now hide all of the silly purchases you've made. Done. Enjoy. I personally have accumulated 900 app downloads from the beginning of my time. The problem is AppStore trying to load all of them is too memory consuming, hence the crash. After hiding 850+ purchases App Store purchase history and genius now load quickly and no crash.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
This fix is very easy and tested. Get on iTunes with your computer. Navigate to your downloaded apps history in the app store (iTunes store - purchased - apps) Now hide all of the silly purchases you've made. Done. Enjoy. I personally have accumulated 900 app downloads from the beginning of my time. The problem is AppStore trying to load all of them is too memory consuming, hence the crash. After hiding 850+ purchases App Store purchase history and genius now load quickly and no crash.

Then what would be the purpose of purchased?

silvermsp

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
The point of purchased is to let you retrieve purchases. The point of purchased history on the device is to let you retrieve it on the fly. The point of syncing purchases to the pc is so you ALWAYS have them. I personally don't need to flip through 900 apps in my history on the phone. The apps that I use are already installed from syncing or downloading. Again, hide the non useful, unused apps from your history and experience no crashes, or leave them there and continue complaining about AppStore crashing. Makes no difference to me, I've solved the problem and felt I would share. It's here for those people who would rather a fix than to sit and complain : )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.