Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated its System Status page to reflect that many users may be unable to access, purchase, or update apps on the App Store on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Multiple other iCloud services are or were also experiencing downtime, including the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, iCloud Drive, and iWork for iCloud.

Apple-System-Status-2016.jpg

The issues began shortly before 7:00 a.m. Pacific and appear to be widespread, affecting customers in the United States, Canada, Europe, and elsewhere, according to social media posts. Apple TV services and Apple's Volume Purchase Program are also affected by the service issues.

Update (9:10 a.m. Pacific): Apple's System Status page shows that the App Store, iTunes, and other iCloud services have been restored.

Article Link: App Store and iTunes Experiencing Issues for Many Users Worldwide

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
I haven't been able to download anything from the store all morning.
Glad to know it's not my phone that's hosed up.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Noooooo. I need to update my Flappy Bird!! This is a Tragedy!!!

/S

More seriously, I am less annoyed by the outages (it happens folks) than the fact we never hear why and what is being done to prevent similar future issues.

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
This is getting ridiculous! The other it was the Apple Music now this! :mad:

ThatSomeone

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2016
Here, where else?
Great to see!
Just spent 45 min talking to the support because my phone had massive issues installing apps... The support guy then told me that they just got more calls regarding the issue and said that the servers were going through an update:p

Damn I almost thought I had to restore the phone for a second there... Hopefully everything's gonna be fine when it's over!

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline

Apple has updated its System Status page to reflect that many users may be unable to access, purchase, or update apps on the App Store on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Multiple other iCloud services are or were also experiencing downtime, including the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, iCloud Drive, and iWork for iCloud.

Apple-System-Status-2016.jpg

The issues began shortly before 7:00 a.m. Pacific and appear to be widespread, affecting customers in the United States, Canada, Europe, and elsewhere, according to social media posts. Apple TV services and Apple's Volume Purchase Program are also affected by the service issues.

Update (8:10 a.m. Pacific): App Store functionality has been restored for some users as Apple works to bring iCloud services back online.

Article Link: App Store and iTunes Experiencing Issues for Many Users Worldwide

One of these things is not like the others:

Apps are dodgy and services unreliable. Better get your act together, Tim. The natives are getting restless.

Last edited:

monkmartinez

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2016

This is just the tip of the iceberg... my RSS feed is literally FULL of these stories this week. Coincidentally (or not) this week, we saw the trendline of the stock that clearly shows investors have the same sentiment (albeit for different reasons). All this to say, they had better get their **** together. Investors and developers are a powerful bunch, I suspect a lot of damage is already done. I know if it wasn't for Apple's "quality program" that fixed my logic board last month, I would have penned a blog and left for good.

Reactions: macguru212

applezulu

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2015
One of these things is not like the others:

Apps are dodgy and services unreliable. Better get your act together, Tim. The natives are getting restless.

Have you ever read this forum? If the longstanding, constant negativity and predictions of doom had much connection to reality, Steve Jobs would've shuttered Apple twenty years ago and taken a job fixing Windows machines at Best Buy.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Have you ever read this forum? If the longstanding, constant negativity and predictions of doom had much connection to reality, Steve Jobs would've shuttered Apple twenty years ago and taken a job fixing Windows machines at Best Buy.

Puh-leaze! Have you seen Mossberg, Dalrymple, and Gruber complaining about Apple apps before? And Apple already has a spotty reputation when it comes to web services.

That shiny profit Tim's so proud of is due, in large part, to Apple's reputation for making products "that just work". For some unknowable reason (at least to those outside Apple), he's squandering that reputation.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Am I the only one hearing the voice of Steve Jobs?

"Can anyone tell me what iCloud is supposed to do? So why the f*** doesn't it do that?"

The outages are getting ridiculous. How much has Apple spent on these massive data centers? How much?

They could have dug a deep hole in the desert and dozed the cash into the hole, next to the Lisa computers, Pippen, and the processors and memory from the Sculley days...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.