App Store very slow on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CheesePuff, Jun 23, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

The App Store just browsing or download apps is VERY slow on my iPhone 4. It is not the connection since I can open another internet based app and it flies, but with the app store but browsing it and downloading apps (even iBooks) it either stalls or is moving at probably 25k a sec or slower. Happening to anyone else?

2. 4np
    macrumors 6502a

4np

perhaps it's due to the fact that iPhone 4 just got released and everybody is accessing the app store at the same time :rolleyes:

3. macrumors regular

not just iOS4

i have not upgraded my 3G, and i've noticed this week that apps are downloading/installig incredibly slow..in a lot of cases upwards of 5 minutes..and this is over wifi. im glad someone else is noticing though..i started to think there was an issue with my new router or my phone's ability to access it all of a sudden.

4. macrumors 6502

sharpycl

same here guys but the iPhone 4 and iOS4 were just released this week so anybody who has an iPhone is probably on the app store downloading new apps to play with there new software and phones. give it a week or two for the hype to die down and everything will be back to normal.

5. macrumors newbie

Mine has been fine just iBooks has been giving me an issue, where's my Whinnie the Pooh haha. other apps are downloading ok.

6. macrumors newbie

AppStore works really slow

Hi guys!

I've got just the same issue.
    I own a 3Gs. It's NOT jailbroken or something... I usually update my firmware.
    But AppStore is very slow right from the beginning! It takes me 10-15 minutes to find one app. To download at least one pegs it takes me about 5-10 minutes!!! And I can tell you - it's not anyhow connected with the rush on the AppStore...
    It's always the same...
    So, if anybody has a decision, please let us all know how to do it!

Thx guys