App that syncs recorded audio with handwritten notes?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Gordonpn, Aug 22, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Gordonpn

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an app that syncs recorded audio with handwritten notes? I know a few apps like Notability syncs the recorded audio with TYPED notes but not handwritten notes..

Thanks for reading.

2. macrumors 6502a

GerritV

Both Remarks and Notes Plus can record audio within a handwritten note, but I'm not sure I understand what you expect from the sync'ing part.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Gordonpn

With Notability, as you type, the recording audio gets synced. So when you are reviewing your notes, you can double tap a word that you typed and it'll skip to that part of the audio, instead of scrubbing back and forth to find what you're looking for.
    So now I'm asking if anyone knows an app that does that more or less but for handwritten notes.

4. macrumors 6502a

GerritV

Understood. Notes Plus' audio tracks are stored in the navigation pane AFAIK, while Remarks puts a little Play-button on the page. You can move this graphic around, which may somewhat come close to the sync'ing idea.

5. macrumors 6502a

Notability does sync handwritten notes with audio FYI. Remarks the same.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Gordonpn

Really? How? I've been trying to achieve that but no success so far...

7. macrumors 6502a

launch the microphone and begin recording. Write with stylus.

8. thread starter macrumors member

Gordonpn

I did do that, but when I double tap word in the middle of the sentence, the audio doesn't skip to that part.

9. macrumors regular

I found that Notability does not sync handwriting to audio and emailed them about it at the end of June. Notability's response: "To address handwriting linked to audio, yes, it would be awesome and it's definitely on our radar."

10. thread starter macrumors member

Gordonpn

Oh okay, thanks for the reply! That's awesome then, hopefully it comes out soon...

11. macrumors 6502a

Sorry, my mistake; I misunderstood exactly what you were trying to accomplish. If you have a handwritten note and press "play", the audio file will play. It doesn't skip ahead to any sections, however.