Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gordonpn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
Canada
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an app that syncs recorded audio with handwritten notes? I know a few apps like Notability syncs the recorded audio with TYPED notes but not handwritten notes..

Thanks for reading.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Both Remarks and Notes Plus can record audio within a handwritten note, but I'm not sure I understand what you expect from the sync'ing part.

Gordonpn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
Canada
Both Remarks and Notes Plus can record audio within a handwritten note, but I'm not sure I understand what you expect from the sync'ing part.

With Notability, as you type, the recording audio gets synced. So when you are reviewing your notes, you can double tap a word that you typed and it'll skip to that part of the audio, instead of scrubbing back and forth to find what you're looking for.
So now I'm asking if anyone knows an app that does that more or less but for handwritten notes.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
With Notability, as you type, the recording audio gets synced. So when you are reviewing your notes, you can double tap a word that you typed and it'll skip to that part of the audio, instead of scrubbing back and forth to find what you're looking for.
So now I'm asking if anyone knows an app that does that more or less but for handwritten notes.

Understood. Notes Plus' audio tracks are stored in the navigation pane AFAIK, while Remarks puts a little Play-button on the page. You can move this graphic around, which may somewhat come close to the sync'ing idea.

epicmar

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
I did do that, but when I double tap word in the middle of the sentence, the audio doesn't skip to that part.

I found that Notability does not sync handwriting to audio and emailed them about it at the end of June. Notability's response: "To address handwriting linked to audio, yes, it would be awesome and it's definitely on our radar."

Gordonpn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
Canada
I found that Notability does not sync handwriting to audio and emailed them about it at the end of June. Notability's response: "To address handwriting linked to audio, yes, it would be awesome and it's definitely on our radar."

Oh okay, thanks for the reply! That's awesome then, hopefully it comes out soon...

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
I did do that, but when I double tap word in the middle of the sentence, the audio doesn't skip to that part.

Sorry, my mistake; I misunderstood exactly what you were trying to accomplish. If you have a handwritten note and press "play", the audio file will play. It doesn't skip ahead to any sections, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.