App to change the iTunes icon

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Freg3000, May 14, 2003.

1. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I always hate the color that Apple changes the iTunes music note to when they create a new version, but then it start to grows on me. So, after seeing this at Xicons: http://xicons.com/details.php?id=762 I started to think if it was possible for someone to develop an application that would automatically change the icon of iTunes. That icon set has 14 different varieties, so why not make the icon change every time a new song begins, or ever 10 minutes or something.

Just a though, if it's even at all possible.

2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

changing the color of the itunes dock icon would be no problem, but apple would have to build that into the program; i don't think a third party app could do that. as far as changing the icon in the finder, if it changed the actual icon file (not just pasting a new one on) the effects would only be apparent after a logout, thus negating the effort spent.

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

You will need Photoshop (5, 6 or 7) and the following shareware application.

IconBuilder

Download, read the directions, and install.

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

thats a cool idea freg, i hope someone can do it. It would be liek how oyu can auto change your background. It could be a script but that would be extensive probably and a bit painful.

5. Freg3000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I was thinking about the auto-changing feature for desktop images. If that is possible, I think this is possible too. Unfortunaly, I know nothing about programming or anything....although I do have the developer tools. :)

6. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Hmm, nice idea, can't see anyway around it without intervention from Apple!

7. macboy macrumors regular

If you want to change the icon of the program that is simple to do. It will change in the dock as well... You can make your own images too.... if you like the icons from xicons download them. click on the icon you like... do Get Info (Apple I on Keyboard) click on images and Copy (Apple C). Then click on the App and Get Info click on image then paste (Apple V).

It works for me... I use the icons all the time...