App to convert Dvd/Divx to .Wmv in OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zimtheinvader, Feb 6, 2007.

1. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

Hello,

No, I'm not a traitor, but I already have an Xbox360 hooked up to my TV, *with USB host!* but it can apparently only read .wmv files... sooo, I'm trying to either re-rip my dvds directly to .Wmv or re-encode my movies to .wmv, can anyone provide a suggestion?

I am too poor for another device (ie. AppleTV/Media Hdd player...) lol

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

AFAIK: bootcamp

ps, wait and see if other ppl has better idea

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you want to play the tune, you have to pay the piper. You need QuickTime Pro and the paid version of Flip4Mac.

4. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

5. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

VisualHub will not create 360-compatible WMV files. The WMV needs to have the audio in WMA and VH does not do that. It creates a WMV with mpeg audio, which the 360 doesn't like.

If you look through his support area, he makes mention of thinking about hiring a programmer to do 360-compatible WMV, but thus far, has not actually done it.

Are you all positive that Flip4Mac and QT-P will create files that actually play on a 360 and do not suffer from the VH flaws? If so, I might look into that.

Mike

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That looks like Spam, and the homepage looks like many of those so called video converter programs badly ported (if) to Mac OS.
    Something smells fishy about those applications.