App to convert into pdf format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by noelmac75, Sep 2, 2003.

1. noelmac75 macrumors regular

I need a program to convert Quark Douments into pdf format, can you do it in quark itself, I heard that Acrobat does it, but it seems like a lot of money to spend on one program just to do one thing, is there any free utilities out there that will do it?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

pdf is a native format in OS X. When you print you can also save as a pdf. If you are still using OS 9: convert! Or use Acrobat Distiller which has to be bought indeed.

3. noelmac75 thread starter macrumors regular

is there any way I can open my quark docs that have been done in OS9 and open them in OS X and save them? Where can i get Acrobat Distiller?

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-noelmac75

Well, you need Quark 6 in OS X to save them as .pdf's (print to .pdf). Otherwise you'll be faced with OS 9's print dialog - the on without the "Save to PDF" button.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Actually, print to file. It will make a .ps which should be able to be opened by anyone. Or then open in OSX's Preview App, and Print to PDF. Or use the .ps and track down some one you know with PageMaker (Which has Distiller) and just drag the .ps onto the Distiller and Presto Change-o, answer a few questions and you are now the proud parent of an Adobe PDF.

TEG

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The freeware app GhostScript can also convert PostScript files to PDF.