App to convert MP3 to WMA?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by T-Stex, Nov 14, 2006.

1. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Hey guys. I'm looking for an application to convert MP3's & M4a's to WMA format. I've done a bit of searching, and I haven't found one that will work with OSX. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd love it if it were freeware, but I believe that WMA is a proprietary format, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Thanks.

2. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

I think you should stop at that, wma? why? or did you do this on purpose to rile people up?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Pay for Flip4Mac.

4. T-Stex thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha. I'm not planning on converting my entire library. Apparently the RAZR V3m from Verizon only plays wma's, so I'm stuck without any music on it, or I have to buy the same song twice if I can't convert my songs.

Anything cheaper than that? I recall it being about $50. I'd just as soon not have any music before paying $50 to convert what will end up being about 5 songs.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

That makes some sense. Verizon would cripple the player to do that.

6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I have the SLVR and it plays mp3, mp4, mov and all sorts of stuff. Its not on Verizon but its pretty much the same phone.

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Yeah, but Verizon, being one of the worst companies on the planet, thinks it's a good idea to remove all kinds of useful functionality from their phones.