App to let users change AD password

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ipmil, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I´m working for a company that recently started using ipad for personell working away from the office.

We need a way for these users to change password for their active directory accounts without using citrix or rdp. We would prefer an app.

Anyone have a suggestion to apps that will allow a normal user to change passord and unlock his/hers account?

Other ways to solve this problem are welcome :)

2. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

I think if you use Outlook Web Access you can change the password ... And remote wipe in combination with Exchange server

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem is that the option to change password do not appear when you are logged in to the owa using an ipad.

4. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

hmm, thats strange; I have it in my options ... but also never really tried yet. Of course it could be "just" changing the Exchange account password; but normally we have SingleSignOn. I might try tomorrow when back in office.

And I was connected via VPN, incase that would make a difference. We can't reach OWA via regular internet.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Found an app called Windows Domain Password Change And reminder from BitsAbound Inc.

I think this will solve my problem, but a bit pricy. Looking into OWA to see if there is a config issue regarding the change password option.