App to split one monitor into two - anyone know of any?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajthomason, Jun 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi there,

I have just ordered a Matrox TripleHead2Go for my MacBook Pro and it sounds like it will be great, except for the fact that it acts as one big monitor instead of two.

Does anyone know of any software that will enable me to create two monitors out of this one? or run two fullscreen apps side-by-side?

I have been searching for ages and have come up with a couple of windows solutions that may do it, but nothing for mac.

Windows ones: SplitView and GridMove

Although they do not create two 'virtual monitors' they do snap windows to one - so if I were to open photoshop, it would open in one monitor instead of across both.

I have not actually tried the TripleHead2Go yet as it has not arrived, I am just guessing that everything will open across both.

Thanks.

2. macrumors newbie

The TripleHead2Go will let you do that - it comes with Matrox's PowerDesk software to let you manage your windows and pop-ups. You can view an application across multiple monitors, or you can run a completely different application on each monitor.

3. macrumors G5

Consultant

If the app that comes with that hardware doesn't work,
    with almost all full screen apps, you can run them in window mode.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, the PowerDesk software only works with windows - it would be perfect for what I need though, if only it works with OS X!

5. macrumors regular

This is pretty cool. I'll love to get one of this. Could i ask how much did yours cost?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Just under £200 from Dabs4Work.com - the price will be the same on the regular dabs.com (I'm in the UK).