App to stream music through Web Browser

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zap2, Dec 23, 2006.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Well Opera recently came out for the Wii, and I was wondering if anyone uses any Apps to stream music from there Mac to a web browser?

2. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

Aug 8, 2004
    America's Wang
    You might want to repost this in the gaming forum.

I saw this site the other day which will allow streaming of movies, music, and pictures from a Mac to the Wii Opera browser once the devs get it working. Apparently, the video streaming works (choppy) if you have your video in the correct format but audio and pics currently don't work. The devs say they are working on it though.

Also, I think I might send an email to the developers of Connect360 and see if they have any plans on coming out with a doesn't seem like it would be too hard to modify what they've got to stream to the internet instead of the Xbox Media Center...

There are several content streaming sites that will work with Windows XP if you have bootcamp/parallels installed they are:

Audio, Video, Photos

Audio Only

Also, I found this site discribing how to stream audio from iTunes to the PSP may be able to use the same process with the Wii browser...

Seeing all this makes me think we Mac users are really in the stone age when it comes to content streaming...Especially, since Tivo has been ignoring us for years. Hopefully, the iTV will be all its cracked up to be but I would just as soon get an Xbox 360 or figure out how to do it on my Wii or Tivo series 2 than buy another device...