App updates suck...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHeartsteve, Oct 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I downloaded new update for facebook and I hate it. How do I revert back to previous version? Would I have to reset my phone and restore from my old iPhone 4 and then it will update old app???

2. macrumors regular

The new one is a little more difficult to use, but WAY, WAY more reliable IMO.

3. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

If you have the old version of facebook.app on your itunes library then you can delete the one on your phone and resync the old one.
    You dont need a restore.
    If you deleted the old facebook version from your itunes then you're SOL and cannot revert to the old one.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Ahhh thanks!! Good idea!

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Worked! Thanks so much!! Will not do any other updates for other apps. I always hate the new versions.

6. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Before updating I always read the description of what's new (to see what I gain or lose by updating) and read the reviews ("most recent" will reflect the newest updates). I currently have at least 20 apps that I haven't updated in the last year because the updates have lost functions that I want/need. You can't blindly update anymore because there can be some unpleasant surprises, as you discovered. :(

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I just got the mini and want to download only certain apps that are old version. How do I sync the old apps I like off of my iphone or iPad?

8. macrumors regular

gemnilocs

exactly what I do and thank goodness for the improved app store because it's easier to use to read reviews, and updates. I always read the reviews before I update. I do like that the new fb allows sharing...about darn time for that.

9. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Maybe next time read the description and reviews first that way you can tell if anyone else is having problems.

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Obviously I read the description. Hahahahah. There are minor changes that I hate that they definitely do NOT list. For example, after you click on a photo, it flips around and basically turns into another pop up window. Etc. it's usually the format or set up I hate.

11. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

So use safari. I don't see how a simple photo "flip" is such a bad thing. Get some perspective!