AppCare. for 20" ACD after Powermac AppCare purchase...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by _bnkr612, Jun 27, 2005.

1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

I was curious to know what the deal is with AppleCare for ACD's. I bought a PMac G5 (with AppleCare) in March 2004 and I bought a 20" ACD in May 2005. I was wondering if my 20" will/can be covered with AppleCare from the PMac.

I can't recall what I read about coverage...

Pardon me if something similar has been posted, I ran a search and I did not find any help.

Cheers.

2. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

The ACD would have be covered if bought on the same ticket as the system. Pretty sure it has to be on the date of purchase, so i doubt since it was two months difference, i dont think even bitching to apple wont help to get it covered on your system's applecare. Not sure what warrenty to get with just the ACD, year i'm guessing

3. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

You are pretty much SOL as far as getting the AppleCare from the PowerMac to now add your recent purchase of an Apple Display. They have to be purchased at the same time in order to get them both on the same coverage. The same is also true for a PowerBook+Display. You can call Apple, but I highly doubt they'll do anything for you.

Yes, it does suck. I really don't see why Apple won't let you add the display on to the AppleCare after the the PowerMac/PowerBook was purchased. It forces you to buy a display and tower at the same time which is probably what Apple wants you to do, but at the same time, this also steers people away from buying a PowerMac. Its no wonder why PowerMac sales are way below what they used to be. Everything is expensive. The least Apple could do is say for like an extra $50, allow you to add the Display to your PowerMac coverage if you bought it at a later date for the remaining time left on the extended warranty. That seems like a logical solution to me.