APPLCARE Shipping Replacement

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DickArmAndHarT, Oct 17, 2005.

1. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    Yay!!! New Powerbook on the way from apple care

Computer purchased 1/04 1ghz, 256, 60 gig

after that 5 trips to texas-20 or so troubleshooting calls ect.

Finally Oct. 17 2005

A few final callls to apple

and shipped is a New 1.5ghz!! 512, back light keyboard!!, 2700 64vram, 80gig

Apple put me through hell with this computer, now all if forgiven.

Im gonna miss mine right now, names her and evrything, and now theres no way for me to keep it, even without functionality, so much sentimentaly value, yet im recieving much more fufulling

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    I think after 3 repairs on the same machine, they just send you a new one.

:D Enjoy your new PB!!!
  3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    wow... that's alot of upgrading for free... Congrats!
  4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    You are very luckly...I had to ship my Power Book to them 5 times and 2 times within the same 2 weeks and on the last trip it took them 4 weeks to get my Power Book fixed towards the final week they finally shipped it back...I tried to ask them for a new one, but just ended up with some Altec Lansing FX6021, wish I got that new laptop.
  5. DickArmAndHarT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004

Yeah, this last time i jsut happened to get a good group of employees, hey FX6021 are pretty sweet, ive been looking at them for a while and im gonna get them for the new set-up.

Suprised apple give you, non-apple accessoried, weird
  6. csubear macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2003
    Now if i could only get apple to replace my G3 ibook.....

Not looking forward to april when the ibook fall out of its free repair status. Its been in twice now...
  7. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    Congrats! That happened to me. They hate doing it.
  8. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    Congratulations. The trouble you've went through is miserable, so you certainly deserve a new notebook. Hope you enjoy it, and I'm sure it will be much more reliable. :)
  9. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    They are really nice, I picked them to upgrade my Soundsticks. When I talked to Apple, they at first were just wanting to give me a $50 credit to use at the Apple Store if I spent over $300 but I then got him (after like 30 mins) to give me the FX6021...I would have rather gotten a new Power Book, but it was fine.

The funny thing is that Apple shipped the speakers off to my old address in NC, so I got a call from Apple telling me that they shipped it to the wrong house and if I could just pick it up. I told them that it was in NC and I am in they had to ship out another set to me.
  10. DickArmAndHarT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    Ohh no, see apple woudl save themselfs a lot of time, and in my case, lots of money jsut giving a replacement in the first place.

Ehh finally they handled it correctly, there is no other apple, ill be gettign more macs, and i do say, almost all buy twice have i had a very negative expericne speaking with them on the phone, them always being very nice and helpful, but they are sticlkers about replacement.
  11. sebisworld macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2003
    You want me to top that? Bought the crappierst iBook available in summer 06 with edu discount. Had problems with the video card, and after three repairs they decided to send me a top of the line iBook - Which then got stolen in transit, so they agreed to just give me the money back - for the new modell, without deducting the edu discount. So I bought a maxed out iMac G4, which one year later I sold on eBay for a huge profit (don't ask me why, the customer is happy). I went abroad in 04, so I bought a Powerbook 17" for that money and now that I am back I've ordered and received an iMac G5 2Gen, which I owned 13 days at the time of the announcement of the new machines. Since 14 days is the limit, I am sending it back to get a 3Gen instead without any restocking fees. To pay for that, I'm selling my Powerbook (want an Intel Mac protable anyway). So long story short: I payed for a 600 Mhz G3 laptop with 128 MB RAM and am I'm getting a 20" iMac.

Can anyone top that?
  12. DickArmAndHarT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    that sounds a bit, uhh wrong, but i dunno

moneys coming from some one.
    Guess it would be fun to bounce from a new computer every week
    a new experience. Cool'
  13. DickArmAndHarT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    Will i get a new Model!??

New Powerbook!,

So now what, would apple send me a new powerbook, (updated screen) or the older 1.5ghz.

I emailed my custumer service rep. but i have yet gotten a reponse. They said that ship the latest model, but on the phone we talked abotu the 1.5.

Hmmmm...Praying for the new one, Do you think ill get it??
  14. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    It would be really cool if they did send you the newest version...but I really do think they will send out yesterday's version because they want to clear stock on the old version.
  15. DickArmAndHarT thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    I guess ill send it out tomarow mornign and hope for the best, satisfaction gautenteed,

Maby i can sell it "New" on ebay for the same price as a new one w/ edu discount, and pocket some.