Apple “photocasting” Mac only, uses invalid RSS

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 17, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: 3rd Party Hardware
    Link: Apple “photocasting” Mac only, uses invalid RSS
    Description:: "In order to hide this fact, Apple has put up the equivalent of a 'best experienced in Internet Explorer' page to turn its own ineptitude into a marketing opportunity."

Posted on
    Approved by Mudbug
  2. macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I thought that photocasting required the client to have iPhoto 6 as well. If that's the case, then can you really shed a tear that the RSS feed doesn't work on a Windows machine? Even if the RSS feed was valid, you'd still not be able to make real use of the photocast.
  3. macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    It doesn't. The feeds work in Safari and NetNewsWire, as examples, because they can handle the broken RSS.

It says right on :
    It's a lie. It doesn't even work right in other Mac browsers.
  4. macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2005
    The heart of Europe
    works for me (on 2nd try)

With Opera 8.51:
    First, I get the error message, but when i go to the address mentioned in that message, it works - I can subscribe to the feed and view the pictures.
  5. macrumors 65816

Nov 20, 2003
    Sounds like a 0.0.1 update is needed.
  6. macrumors member

Jan 4, 2006
    Should have looked at macrumors before banging my head over this all day! :rolleyes:
    Tried to see what the podcasting would look like with my PC to no avail. Troubleshooting all day & finally realized it won't cut it with typical (most) rss enabled browsers. I suppose Apple will come out with a fix it soon enough, but podcasting (to pc people) was one of the reasons I bought it. I really like the fact that you can get casts iphoto to iphoto, but irked over the fact that I wasted my time today.

// Rant