apple 1 year warranty...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by howard, Apr 24, 2003.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

my ibook battery is acting funny...and its not my computer as i have tried it in another ibook with similar results... it goes to sleep at about 80% charge....

anyway i want to trade it in for the 1 year warrant but have some questions.

first of all am i going to have to send in my battery to get the new one? or can i send it in after...what i mean is am i going to be without my computer for a few days.

also is there an apple support email that i can contact them about this? or do i have to do it by phone?...by the way...what is the correct apple support phone number...i go to there site and theres like 2 million phone numbers.

also i am near an apple store...is it possible to walk in there and walk out with a new battery if i'm still on the 1 year warranty?

anyway..thanks in advance

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

you should be able to take it to an apple store or reseller, they can just send you battery back and you can run your ibook of power for a day or two. Just make sure you take your ibook, battery, and your apple agreement number.

iJon

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

is the battery covered by applecare? wasn't there an arguement about this?

4. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

people have told me that its under the 1 year warranty...anyway where can i find the apple agreement number?

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

ooops, nevermind, you didnt buy extended warranty so you dont have a number. honestly i forgot how they do it, i work in sales so i forget this stuff. just take to a apple store or reseller and they will take care of it, you may want to call first if its a long drive to make sure you have everything. if you live very far a way call apple and you can ship it to them probably.

iJon

6. Mblazened macrumors regular

You should take it to a service center
    you don't need an agreement number
    they get the info off your serial #
    if its under warranty it will all be free

its a freakin hassle to do it yourself