Apple 10 year award?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pcar918, Feb 20, 2013.

1. pcar918, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

macrumors newbie

I did a search but didn't see anything on the forums about this. Saw this on ebay, someone selling their Apple 10 year award. Hadn't come across this before. Anyone know if this is legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130854481478

2. macrumors G5

Macman45

I don't know what 10 years of service gets you, but I've seen those cubes around before....I doubt it is a genuine long service award...Might be worth 99 cents though...:D

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

4. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

5. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks nice but that auction has a reserve on it, I wonder how high that is set. I suspect the seller may have it set pretty high since these seem to be a bit rare

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

It appears to be the same one as in the other link above ^^^ I would imagine it is real, thats cool though. Never knew about it before. Wonder what the reserve is set to. I would think knowing Apple, probably not cheap.

7. macrumors 68020

Squilly

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

@Squilly, I did too. What did they say? Did you make them an offer? I don't want it, just curious what the reserve was.

9. Squilly, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013

macrumors 68020

Squilly

They didn't respond back yet. Would look good with my current Apple collection though. :)
    Strand of hair from Tim Cook is next lol
    Edit: I placed a bid of $150 for it. The reserve price still wasn't met. I don't know how much the seller wants but that price is steep....

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

The seller emailed me back. Didn't tell me the reserve, but said that he thinks Apple spend $2300 to make it. I don't know if I believe that or not, but knowing Apple, it could be true. I don't think it is worth $2300 for someone to own, but I doubt they are selling it for that much either. Wonder what the reserve is. I asked, but he didn't say. At least we know it is not $150, lol.

11. macrumors 68020

Squilly

Yeah, emailed me back with $2300 too. Seriously doubt it. It's just crystal...

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

I created a new ebay account to see if I could figure out the reserve price. I bid it up to $999 and it still hasn't hit the reserve. I didn't want to go higher as I suspect that I would eventually have hit it, but felt confident knowing that the seller said Apple pays $2300 that it probably wasn't any of the ones I tried. Anyway, it is at least set at $1000 or more. Not sure, but not willing to find out either, lol.

----------

Crazy part is someone else bid that high too. Probably trying to do the same thing, figure out what the reserve is.

13. macrumors 65816

Kind of messed up, don't you think?

14. macrumors 68020

Squilly

They got it free from a friend, nonetheless. Too high lol.

15. thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really. I mean its not gonna sell unless someone keeps bidding up to the reserve price. So what difference does it make?

16. macrumors Core

alphaod

Because even if it doesn't meet the reserve, the seller can still choose to sell it to the highest bidder… and if that's you, it's contractual. :rolleyes:

And if you're non-paying they'll just pull your IP and ban all your accounts.

17. macrumors 65816

You created an account just to bid to see how high it goes. Stupid. Let's be an adult and not do childish things.

18. macrumors 68020

Squilly

No, it's just an unpaid-item marked on your account. If it happens too much, then yes, they close your account.

19. macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

No big deal. Just failing to live up to the agreement you accepted. That's nothing, right?

20. thread starter macrumors newbie

I get your points. But it's a reserve auction. Reserve is not met. Which means that I'm under no obligation to purchase. Nevertheless. It's probably not gonna sell unless there is someone out there who really collects Apple stuff and wants this. I mean I don't know what it's worth. But you never know if someone else would really want this. Guess we will see.

21. macrumors 68000

TyPod