Apple 20" displays shipping?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by furrina, Jul 15, 2004.

1. furrina macrumors regular

I've read on this forum that people have actually received their 20, 23 inch displays, and on the Apple site there is a big sign over them that says "now shipping." So how come yesterday when I ordered mine, it was listed as "ships in 2-4 weeks" and the guy on the phone said it would ship on or before August 11. That's a wierd definition of "now". What's the deal?

2. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

3. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

did you pay for next day or did you just get regular shipping?

4. furrina thread starter macrumors regular

i just got regular shipping but nearly 4 weeks is WAY long even for that.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Shipping now means that they are starting to fill the back orders they have accumulated since WWDC. Airport Expresses are shipping to, but back ordered on the tune of 3-4 weeks. As long as I get an Airport Express before I go back to college this fall, I'm good! :D

6. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Now shipping means all the people that ordered when the monitors were announced at WWDC, like myself, are starting to get shipping notices from Apple stating that ours have shipped. I ordered the day they were announced, and by ordering today that just delays the shipping as, there have to be thousands of people that ordered monitors.