Apple 20 inch Display Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macbaseball, May 26, 2005.

1. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I recently got a 20 inch display, and I just set it up. The picture is great but I have an few concerns. How do I make my main desktop the 20 inch and then my Powerbook screen, secondary. Also, is it normal for the display to be making a noticable humming noise. I never notice it on the ones at the stores. On mine, it's very noticable.

2. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I figured out the main display question, but I have another question. I have a Quicktime video, that I want to play on the big display. When I go to full screen, mode the movie automatically transfers to the Powerbook...

Also, I'm amazed at the quality of the screen. It's way better than the Powerbook's. Also what does it mean to calibrate the screen.

3. jestershinra macrumors regular

In QuickTime 7, open the preferences. There's an option in there to select which monitor to use for full screen. It's a bit akward with two monitors, but it works when you get hang of it.

4. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Thanks. Now I just have to recompress some of my movie so they don't like like crap on the higher resolution.