Apple 20"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by drison, Jun 24, 2005.

1. drison macrumors regular

drison

Okay, my wife thinks I'm crazy, but I am considering selling my Dell 20" widescreen and buying the Apple 20" widescreen. The dell is cheaper but the aluminum is calling my name. What should I do?

-Dave

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I would get the dell. Not worth paying 799 for the apple.

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I think that the Apple screen is crisper, though the Dell is no slouch. Drive down to an Apple store and look at the screen.

I work with Dell, Planar, and Aquos screens at work. From what a tech said to me, Dell badges Planar and Aquos screens.

It the cost savings is a lot, save the money and take your wife out for a fine night of fun, or take a random mini trip. You might get more mileage out of that, than you would an aluminum screen.

This said, I might opt for the screen than taking my honey up the coast for a day. She loves me, and I would more likely skip driveing to work for a few months to save the cash for a trip... Humm- perhaps I should start takeing the bus again.

4. Tamer Brad macrumors regular

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

The Apple cinema display is far better looking than the Dell. You'll feel good everytime you sit down and use it. I say do it.

6. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

Well, if you really want looks and elegance, then go for the Apple 20". If price matters, stick with the Dell - the money you save might help you add more RAM/HDD/anything else. If you feel like splurging a little, go for the Apple 20".

When I bought a Power Mac, I was torn between the ACD 20" and the Dell 20" - I went for the ACD even though it was about $250 more than the Dell. It's a matter of one's preference and budget. :)

If you go for the ACD 20", you better be prepared to face some "unreasonable" purchase requests from your wife in the future. :D

7. drison thread starter macrumors regular

drison

Where are all the Apple purists when you are about to make a rash purchasing decision? If I think about it too long I won't buy it. ;)

8. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

The Dell is just a good of a panel. I would stick with it and save a lot of money.

9. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

I own the dell 20"...you wont regret it...but I agree w/ others, if you can afford the apple get the apple...its a much better display, cosmetically(???)...

edit: i forgot...if you look around and get good coupons...you could get 2 dells for the price of the apple (maybe ~$100 more)...then you can say u roll on dubs...( i had to say it again)