Apple 23" Cinema HD - Quality Issues / Dead Pixels??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tiger96, Dec 8, 2005.

1. tiger96 macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2005
    My 23" Apple Cinema Display just arrived yesterday and the brightness, clarity is like nothing I have ever seen before. I did notice that I have about 5 dead pixels but no pinkish haze or color issues. I googled the 23" Cinema Display and discovered hundreds of issues with quality problems - image degradation on the sides, pinkish haze? It is hard to tell how old these posts are and if the problems are still present in current models. I am planning to return the monitor this weekend and most likely exchange it for another 23" ACD. I am having second thoughts though and wondering if I should maybe get the 20" ACD instead. Does anyone know if the 23" ACD issues have been resolved? I love the monitor but don't want to spend $1300 for a headache. Any advice on 23" ACD quality and or 23" display vs 20" displays would be much appreciated.

2.5 GHz G5 Quad (on order) / 23" ACD HD
    12" G4, 1.33GHz, 1.25 GB RAM, OS 10.4.3
  2. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Dec 14, 2001
  3. tiger96 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2005
    Thanks for the offer, but I really like the ACD and am going to stick with one of them.
  4. Hyernel macrumors member

Oct 21, 2005
    My 23" ACD is okay. Bought it in mid October.

There are 2 dead (white) pixels, but I hardly notice them, unless I squint and look for them. They're off to the sides so I don't forsee a huge problem.

I have the bightness set way down too, and still plenty bright without blowing out my retinas.

Fantastic display over all, but I've never even seen the Dell.
  5. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2005
    I also have the 23" ACD I have not noticed any of the image quality problems either maybe they have been fixing the issues with the quality. I would stay with the 23" IMO