Apple 30th Anniversery Video (not sure how old this is)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Xander562, May 27, 2006.

1. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Neat video; it does a good job of summing everything together.

My favorite scene: the iPod and the iMac - they look perfect together (when the iPod's in its dock, of course!)

3. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I like the video but to me ididn't feel very Apple happy 30th since it really covered from what I could tell G3 and after...
    Still awesome though

I'm not a fan of using Sunshine for the Spotless Mine music though some how it didn't feel right with the video, but thats just preference and you all seemed to like it so kudos on whoever made it.

4. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

cool vid, but seems to only cover the past 8 or 9 years, not 30

5. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Yeah this was posted around the time of the anniversary.

I love this vid anyway.

6. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

sweet, thanks, I haven't seen that one yet. I've always like that ipod nano hand commercial a lot for some reason.

Z

7. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Eh, I hate the song, and the fact that it's covering only the recent machines. If you are going to make an anniversary video, it should at least go in order, so they should have started right from the beginning and by the end of it we'd get to our most recent machines such as the MacBook Pro.

8. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I'm sure its just a film student/want to be film student working on his Powerbook/MBP and thought to make a tribute to them, but only had footage from G3ish times and up. I guess this because of the song and the lack it acctually being a 30 year tribute to Apple

9. iHeartTheApple macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

This was in a thread back around the anniversary time. I think people eventually discovered that it was put together by a darn good amateur. I think it's pretty nice, but for a 30-year anniversary, they sure did focus *way* too much on the last 6-8 years. :)

10. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

If anything, this video is like an Apple Pride video, showing off all the products from about 8 years to about modern times. It's not a anniversary video at all.

11. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I like it though. Especially when you see the clamshell iBooks flying around. I saw it a few months ago. There's another video summarizing apple tv commercials back from Apple II (pre macintosh). You can also find it on video google if you search on "apple 30".

12. ILoveiBooks macrumors member

Aww...I throughly enjoyed that. I thought it was very well synched to the music. I've always wanted to do something like that but I don't think my iBook could handle doing that. Especially with just iMovie.