Apple a class act with new Quicktime trailer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by pyrotoaster, Aug 25, 2004.

1. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Today, Apple posted a new exclusive trailer for the upcoming SciFi channel mini series, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.

What's interesting is how it ended up there.

A couple of weeks ago, a group of folks at the WatchFarscape.com forums started a simple project to have people email trailers@mac.com to suggest posting the Peacekeeper Wars trailer (first seen at the ComicCon convention, and not seen since).

The really cool part is that Apple listened, and the trailer was posted today. Also, the Movie Trailers Team from Apple sent out an email to everyone that requested the trailer, letting them know that it had been posted and saying "thanks" for making the suggestion.

Needless to say, this whole thing has gotten a lot of PC-using Farscape fans pretty interested in Apple. Many of them are trying iTunes for the first time and praising it to no end.

Talk about a win-win situation, and really smart move on Apple's part. :cool:

(BTW, if you haven't seen the Peacekeeper War trailer, go check it out. It's frelling awesome. ;))

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A real action pack Sci Fi movie. I don't get the Sci Fi Channel, so won't to able to see film. Good for Apple in its assistance on the project.

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

The movie was obviously shot in widescreen, if now HD, yet we know it will air in crappy 480i because of its channel. Its a shame, and being a HD coneseur myself, i hate it.